Historic Garrison Estate with 50 acres and Hudson River views. Built in 1892 as a summer home for one of New York City's most prominent citizens. William Church Osborn was the son of railroad tycoon William Henry Osborn. The father summered in a nearby castle and the son summered here. William Church Osborn served as president of the Metropolitan Museum of Art as well as the Children's Aid Society. Much of the area's present day public park land was once part of various Osborn family estates. That charity has defined the area ever since as a hiking destination. This estate celebrates that history. Designed by famed architect and Garrison resident Charles Haight. The original gardens and landscaping were the work of Olmstead & Sons. Property includes 4 parcels with a granite and stucco main house of over 7300 square feet. High ceilings and huge rooms. 8 fireplaces. 6 bedrooms. Separate 2 bedroom apartment attached to main house. Cedar cottage/barn with 2 apartments and horse stalls. 2 car stone garage. Private pond. Hiking trails.